Hong Kong – 11 January 2021 – CLSA, Asia’s leading capital markets and investment group, ranked 2nd in the Overall Combined Regional Research and Sales in Asia (Ex Australia, Japan) and China (A & B shares), a testament to the depth and breadth of CLSA’s research, high-quality sales services and market-leading trading and execution capabilities. CLSA was also voted No.1 in 69 individual categories across all markets and sectors in the 31st annual Asiamoney Brokers Poll, a survey of 6,129 investors from 2,939 different institutions.
Research analysts acclaimed by investors
Global institutional investors showed that they continue to value research produced by CLSA analysts by voting CLSA individual analysts in the top 3 in more than half the sector categories at regional level. These include Laurence Balanco voted Best Quantitative/Technical Analyst; Hans Fan as Best Analyst for Banks; and Sebastian Hou named Best Analyst for Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment.
At country level, in the Best Overall Country Research category, CLSA ranked No.1 in The Philippines and Thailand, and featured in the top 3 in five markets.
Sales and Execution remain ahead of the game
CLSA’s client-centric strategy and best-in-class sales and execution capabilities saw the firm maintain its top 2 position in Best Overall Regional Sales (Asia ex Australia & Japan), along with No.1 Best Overall Country Sales Services in The Philippines and Thailand. Investors voted seven CLSA Salespersons and four CLSA Sales Traders No.1 across Asia overall and in individual markets.
Asiamoney Brokers Poll 2020 CLSA highlights
Overall, CLSA secured 69 No.1 positions in research, sales and trading, including:
No.1 Best Regional Analyst (Asia)
- Best Quantitative/Technical Analyst – Laurence Balanco
- Best Analyst for Banks – Hans Fan
- Best Analyst for Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment – Sebastian Hou
No.1 Best Overall Country Research
- The Philippines
No.1 Best Country Research Analysts / Strategists / Economists
- Best Analyst for Consumer Staples (Australia) – Richard Barwick
- Best Analyst for Banks and Best Analyst for Financials (non-banking) (Australia) – Ed Henning
- Best Analyst for Automobiles & Components (Indonesia) – Sarina Lesmina
- Best Strategist (Japan) – Nicholas Smith
- Best Strategist; Best Analyst for Banks; Best Analyst for Financials (non-banking) (The Philippines) – Alfred Dy
- Best Economist (The Philippines) – Anthony Nafte
- Best Analyst for Transportation & Logistics (Singapore) – Horng Han Low
- Best Strategist; Best Analyst for Agriculture; Best Analyst for Consumer Discretionary (Thailand) – Suchart Techaposai
No.1 Best Regional Salesperson
- Tommy Tang
No.1 Best Overall Sales Services (by Country)
- The Philippines
To view the full poll results please visit Asiamoney’s website:
For any media enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org