CLSA is focused on long-term, sustainable value creation for all clients, employees and other key stakeholders.
Our governance is reinforced through CLSA’s business principles, corporate governance framework, compliance, risk management, product and technology innovation, client engagement, staff training, diversity and inclusion.
Our ability to manage risk is critical to our continuity and success. CLSA has a robust risk management structure that oversees market, credit, operational and technology risk.
CLSA complies with all tax laws and practices in the jurisdictions in which it operates. With respect to any tax planning and with evaluation of risks, CLSA ensures its tax position supports the business, reflects genuine commercial activity and complies with applicable laws and regulations. Read the Group Tax Strategy in the current financial year.
An overview of CLSA’s approach to governance and commitment to our stakeholders can be found in the CLSA Group Sustainability Report 2017.
Our governance is reinforced through CLSA’s business principles and code of business conduct.
- CLSA clients always come first.
- Our assets are our people, reputation and intellectual capital.
- We aim to surpass the ordinary through excellence in all that we do.
- We turn original ideas into commercial realities.
- We base our actions on moral and ethical principles.
- Everyone is valued and essential to our success.
- We work hard to win and celebrate our achievements.
The CLSA Board is responsible for and committed to the oversight of CLSA’s global business.
The Board advises CLSA management on how to drive long-term value creation for our clients, staff and key stakeholders. Central to the board’s responsibility is the consideration of CLSA’s reputation and sustainability. The CLSA Board meets quarterly to discuss business strategy and receives reports from management on a variety of matters impacting CLSA.
CLSA’s leadership maintain oversight and accountability through corporate governance practices applied at every level of the organisation.
CLSA Executive Committee:
- CEO, Mr Jonathan Slone
- Global Chief Operating Officer, Mr Nigel Beattie
- Global Head of Research, Dr Edmund Bradley
- Group Head of Sales, Trading & Execution, Mr Xen Gladstone
- Global Head of FICC & Equity Derivatives, Mr John Sun
- Executive Chairman, CLSA Capital Partners, Mr Donald Skinner
- Group Head of Human Capital Management, Mr Laurie Young
- Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, Ms Jaclyn Jhin
- Chief Technology Officer, Mr Max Nam-Storm