For 30 years, CLSA has consistently presented a differentiated, independent view.
CLSA has built its reputation on providing global investors with unique insights into the companies, issues and themes driving global growth.
Our market-leading analysts, economists and strategists are renowned for producing unparalleled research, differentiated ideas and insights from a unique Asian perspective. With our extensive on-the-ground presence, CLSA is first to spot emerging issues and trends driving the region.
We have tracked the issues impacting Asia since 1986.
For CLSA’s 30th anniversary we selected a couple of ‘historic’ reports to evaluate our economic forecasts for China in 1987 and Asia in 1997.
More than 50 unique research products are available to CLSA clients through a dedicated research portal. Many of these are renowned amongst fund managers.
- Equity strategy encompasses our most popular weekly research offering Greed & Fear by CLSA’s award-winning strategist, Christopher Wood, who also publishes the quarterly Asia Maxima report.
- Economic research led by Eric Fishwick, covers 11 Asia-Pacific markets, as well as Europe and the US with Infofax Daily and quarterly regional forecasts in Eye on Asian Economics.
- Country research provides comprehensive insights into emerging issues and trends driving the markets across 14 countries.
- Company and sector research delivers detailed, bottom-up analysis of 1,300 small and mid-cap companies across 18 sectors in 14 markets.
- Thematic and special research products provide in-depth analysis of our big ideas including Rmb8, Chinese Tourists, Cleantech Disruption, One Belt One Road , Virtual Reality and the ever-popular annual Feng Shui Index.
- CLSA U is an ongoing executive-level education programme for our leading global clients. More than 75 courses provide investors with the latest industry trends, investment theories and macro developments.
CLSA’s 150 writing analysts combine strong macro research with detailed, bottom-up analysis on more than 1,300 listed companies within the following sectors:
- Capital Goods
- Financial Services
- Hotels & Leisure
Headquartered in Hong Kong, CLSA provides research products and services from its extensive on-the-ground presence across:
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka*
- United States
* CLSA’s broker-dealer partner CT CLSA provides our Research in Sri Lanka
** CL Securities Taiwan Company Limited (CLST) is CLSA’s licensed broker-dealer and exclusive research provider in Taiwan.
Asiamoney Brokers Poll
- No.1 Broker in Asia for 25 Years (1989-2013)
- No.1 Most Independent Research (2002-04 and 2006-15)
- No.1 Best Regional Strategist (2002-04 and 2006-15)
- No.1 Asian Equity Research Share US / European / Asian Institutions (2008-2014)
Thomson Reuters Analyst Awards
- No.1 Top Stock Picker, United States (2016)
- No.1 Top Stock Picker, Australia (2015)
- No.2 Top Stock Picker, Asia (2016)
- No.2 Top Stock Picker, Japan (2015)