Hong Kong – Monday, 8 January 2018: CLSA Limited (CLSA), Asia’s leading capital markets and investment group has launched a new corporate identity for the CLSA Group, aligning its institutional businesses under the CLSA brand to enhance client connectivity to insights, liquidity and capital across the company’s expanding investment platform.
A new logo mark unifies CLSA’s institutional businesses in alternative investment, asset management, corporate finance, capital & debt markets and securities, enabling a more integrated approach to supporting clients’ investment strategies. It signifies a new chapter in CLSA’s history as the company moves to become a full service investment group backed by China’s largest investment bank, CITIC Securities.
CLSA Chairman Tang Zhenyi comments: “As the international brand of CITIC Securities, we aim to become the first global Chinese investment group while at the same time the most Chinese of our international competitors. We are committed to ongoing innovation and investment into the CLSA brand and business and we will look for opportunities to expand further where it makes sense.”
CLSA CEO Jonathan Slone says a single branded platform promotes greater internal collaboration and the ability to deliver solutions to clients more seamlessly across business lines. Slone says: “I don’t recall a time where all parts of our business were moving so quickly together to meet the demands of the rapidly changing marketplace. Being unburdened by separate business silos is a differentiating factor that clients understand first hand and will enable CLSA to continue to gain market share.”
CLSA’s new logo design reinforces the company’s ongoing commitment to research and insights. Designed by Hong Kong brand consultancy Sedgwick Richardson, it retains the brand equity and heritage of CLSA’s distinctive blue and yellow while adopting a new crafted typeface that incorporates soft and hard lines which speaks to CLSA’s Asian and Western heritage. The yellow ‘beam’ creates an ‘open-book’ shape, referencing CLSA research which shines a light on issues that matter to investors.
Following the integration of CITIC Securities International in 2017, CLSA’s institutional services comprise:
- CLSA Alternative Investment specialises in hedge fund strategies, offering superior, uncorrelated rates of return and downside protection for investors.
- Managing approximately USD4 billion in assets, CLSA’s asset management business comprises CLSA Real Estate, a pan-Asia real estate investment platform, and CLSA Capital Partners’ private equity, transportation & real assets and credit strategies.
- Going forward, CLSA Real Estate will be branded separately to CLSA Capital Partners.
Corporate Finance & Capital Markets
- Offering corporate advisory, M&A, capital markets and structured finance solutions.
- CLSA’s corporate finance and capital markets business will now operate under the CLSA brand. The CITIC CLSA Securities brand will be retired.
- Equities – CLSA’s institutional equites business provides research, sales and execution services to more than 2,000+ global fund management companies.
- FICC – Under the brand of CITIC CLSA, a full range of fixed income products and services including Credit, Rates / FX, Structured Finance and Equity Derivatives are provided to global clients.
CLSA was ranked No.1 Overall Combined Regional Research and Sales for Asia (ex-Australia, China A&B and Japan), Australia and Japan in the 28th annual Asiamoney Brokers Poll in November 2017 – the first time the company has taken the top spot in all three polled markets. In December 2017, CITIC Securities was named Asian Bank of the Year 2017 by IFR Asia in its annual banking awards.
Please read the Chinese release here.
– end –