Established in Sydney in 2009, CLSA Australia is now a major force in the Australian financial markets providing equity research and broking, asset management, corporate finance & capital markets and securities services to corporates and investors.
CLSA Australia leverages the depth and breadth of CLSA’s global platform, including direct access to China through parent company CITIC Securities, to provide investors with analysis of Australian companies and market trends in the context of the Asia-Pacific region.
Independent equity research, superior trading execution, investment advice and award-winning corporate access ensures CLSA Australia offers a differentiated proposition to investors and corporates.
CLSA Australia’s award-winning equity research provides in-depth and independent views on approximately 160 of Australia’s largest listed companies. Drawing on industry contacts and leveraging CLSA’s extensive footprint throughout Asia, particularly in China, our analysts produce detailed, high conviction research. In addition to company and sector coverage, local and regional thematic research further differentiates our offering.
BRINGING AUSTRALIAN EQUITIES RESEARCH TO LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL INVESTORS
CLSA Australia provides an award winning suite of advisory and execution products and services. Our global platform, supported by our parent CITIC Securities, delivers access to trading liquidity, our research, and market content through our highly experienced team.
CLSA has a comprehensive coverage team of domestic Australian equity sales specialists. In addition CLSA’s International team serves fund managers with global mandates in Asia, New Zealand, the America’s and Europe and includes dedicated Asian equities, Smaller Companies and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) specialist sales.
We back our ideas with execution
As a leader in Asia’s equities markets, we source trusted data flows, while our broad local presence gives us early access to important information. We offer our clients confidential access to a wide range of counter-parties, from local institutional funds to corporates to strategic investors.
Comprehensive suite of executive products and services.
High-Touch with a difference
We are known to punch above our weight, thanks to experienced teams and high performance systems.
- Assisted High-Touch Execution
- Global Programme / Basket Trading
- Block and Event Trading
- Delta 1 P-Note and Swaps access to regional markets
- Flexible Real-Time Alerting and Reporting
Low-Touch with high service
More than just fast pipes and smart algorithms, our client focus and flexibility make our DMA/DSA offering stand apart.
- Sophisticated and customisable Smart Order Routing
- DSA (Full suite of Algos)
- Customised Algos and limits
- Advanced real-time alerts and custom analytics
- Serviced by one of the most experienced teams in the market
CONNECTING INVESTORS AND OUR CORPORATE CLIENTS
CLSA Australia provides global investors with access to Australia’s leading corporations through a programme of Investor Forums, Access Days, non-deal roadshows, thematic group tours and bespoke trips.
Our suite of services includes hosting local and international investors, undertaking site and company visits with Australia’s largest companies, meeting with our unique expert speaker network, or utilizing our global network to travel overseas and visit the operations of offshore based corporates. We also host Australian corporates on the road across Asia, the Americas, Europe and the United Kingdom, meeting with institutional investors on tailored non-deal roadshows, and invite them to participate in CLSA Investor Forums and sector-focused access days in capital cities across Australia.
Read more on our comprehensive Corporate Access services here.
For further information please contact our Sydney based team: Corporate.Access.Australia@clsa.com
The outstanding performance of CLSA Australia’s research, sales and trading teams has consistently won top industry accolades in recent years.
Asiamoney Brokers Poll 2022
- No.1 Best international brokerages
- No.1 Best brokerages for sales
- No.1 Best brokerages for corporate access
- No.3 Best brokerages for execution
- No.3 Best brokerages for research
- No.1 Best economist – Eric Fishwick
- No.1 Best quantitative/technical analyst – Laurence Balanco
- No.1 Best analyst for consumer discretionary – Richard Barwick
- No.1 Best analyst for consumer staples – Richard Barwick
- No.1 Best analyst for financials (non-banking) – Ed Henning
- No.1 Best analyst for industrials – Daniel Kang
- No.1 Best analyst for materials – Daniel Kang
- No.1 Best analyst for software & internet services – Ed Henning
- No.1 Best analyst for telecommunication services – Elijah Mayr
- No.1 Best sales trader – Patrick Plummer