30 Years of Insights
CLSA’s clients know us for being out of the box thinkers who provide unrivalled insights on the issues and trends impacting investment decisions.
CLSA was founded in 1986 by Jim Walker and Gary Coull, two former journalists who focused on ‘the story’. Our journalistic heritage has never left us and for thirty years we have told the story of Asia.
True pioneers in the development of the Asian securities industry, over 20 years they built what is today Asia’s leading brokerage and investment group. Both Jim and Gary passed away too young.
CLSA has received numerous industry awards for its independent and insightful research, high quality equity brokerage and corporate finance & capital markets services.
Asiamoney Best Domestic Bank Awards 2016
- Best Domestic Equity House in Hong Kong
FinanceAsia Country Awards 2015
- Best Chinese ECM House in Hong Kong
- Best Chinese Investment Bank in Hong Kong
- Best Chinese Broker in Hong Kong
Thomson Reuters The StarMine Analyst Awards 2015 (Australia & New Zealand)
- No.1 Financial Services – Stock Picking
- No.2 Chemicals & Forest Products; Metals & Mining – Earnings Estimating
- No.1 Health Care and Diversified Industrials – Stock Picking
- No.1 Chemicals & Forest Products – Earnings Estimating
- No.1 Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure – Earnings Estimating
- No.1 Telecom Services & Information Technology – Earnings Estimating
- No.2 Financial Services – Stock Picking
Asiamoney Brokers Poll 2015 Asia (ex. Japan and Australia)
- No.1 Most Independent Research
- No.1 Best Regional Strategist
- No.1 Best Economist
- No.1 Best Regional Quantitative/Technical Analyst
- No.1 Best Analyst for Software & Internet Services
- No.1 Best Team for Strategy, Quantitative/Technical Analysis, Consumer Staples, Materials and Software & Internet Services
Sales & Trading / Execution
- No.1 Best Team for Regional Sales
- No.1 Best Regional Salesperson
- No.1 Best Salesperson in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia and The Philippines
- No.1 Best Sales Trader in India and The Philippines
Asiamoney Brokers Poll 2015 (Japan and Australia)
- No.1 Most Independent Research Brokerage
- No.1 Best Research Coverage in Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Industrials, Real Estate, Semiconductors & semiconductor equipment, Software, Internet & Services, Strategy and Technology Hardware & Equipment
- No.1 Most Independent Research Brokerage
- No.1 Best Research Coverage in Banks, Diversified Financials, Industrials, Insurance and Small Caps
- No.1 Best Salesperson in Australia
CLSA provides equity broking, corporate finance & capital markets and asset management services to global corporate and institutional clients.
- Headquartered in Hong Kong
- Located in 20 cities across Asia, Australia, the Americas and Europe
- Equity Broking / Corporate Finance & Capital Markets / Asset Management
- No.1 Most independent equity research house in Asia (Asiamoney 2015)
- Since 2007, CLSA Chairman’s Trust has pledged over US$24.8 million to more than 120 non-profit organisations
- 1,500 employees globally
- CLSA’s parent company is CITIC Securities
CLSA’s parent company CITIC Securities is China’s leading brokerage and investment bank*.
With the mission to become a world-class, China-focused, global investment bank, CITIC Securities acquired CLSA in July 2013 and became the first Chinese brokerage to purchase a global financial institution. CLSA is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of CITIC Securities, China’s leading securities firm and largest underwriter of Chinese debt and equity.
CITIC Securities was established in October 1995 and headquartered in Shenzhen. The Company offers a wide range of financial services and products including securities brokerage, investment banking and asset management, to a large and diverse client base encompassing corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
Together, CITIC Securities and CLSA share the common vision of becoming a dominant force in global broking and investment banking driven by a culture of excellence, integrity and independence.
For any further information, please see www.cs.ecitic.com
* CITIC Securities was No.1 Securities Company in China in terms of Revenue and Net Profit in 2015 according to its 2015 full year financial results announced in March 2016.