The Site provides you an opportunity to e-mail CLSA personal information and data in order to enquire about the services we offer and to become a registered user of the Site. CLSA’s policies and practices in relation to personal data and the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in Hong Kong are available here. CLSA’s policies and practices in relation to personal data and the Personal Data Protection Act in Singapore are available here. CLSA’s policies and practices in relation to personal data and the Personal Data Protection Act in India are available here. CLSA’s policies and practices in relation to personal data and the Data Privacy Act of 2012 of the Philippines are available here. As a general policy CLSA values all personal information provided by users of the Site.
Failure to supply personal data as requested may result in CLSA being unable to provide you further information relating to our services.
When you login to our Site as an authorised user, we collect information regarding where you go within our site so that we may send you information that is of interest to you. In addition, like most Sites, we use small bits of data called “cookies” stored on users’ computers to simulate a continuous connection. “Cookies” let us store information about your preferences and passwords and allow you to move to different pages of our secure Site without having to re-enter your password information. Any information collected is stored in secure databases protected via a variety of access controls and is treated as confidential information by us. CLSA does not share your personal information with unaffiliated third-parties without notifying you, except to maintain and service your account, or as required by law.
Notwithstanding the efforts of CLSA to protect all information provided, CLSA cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
Code of conduct
While using this Site, you agree not to, by any means (including hacking, cracking or defacing any portion of the Site):
- Restrict or inhibit any authorised user from using this Site;
- Use the Site for unlawful or unpermitted purposes;
- Harvest or collect information about Site users without their express consent;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site without our prior authorisation;
- Engage in spamming, flooding, scraping (through automated bots or otherwise);
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any virus, time bomb, or other harmful or disruptive component;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site;
- Use any device, application or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site;
- Permit or help anyone without access to the Site to use the Site through your username and password or otherwise.
You represent and agree that:
- Your password is personal to you and you will ensure that this password is known only to you and shall not be made available to any other person;
- You understand that sharing such password may compromise security of your personal information;
- You are obligated to discontinue use of your password and advise CLSA if you leave or are discharged from your present employer;
- Any use of your password after such departure will be a violation of this agreement.
Copyright and trade mark notice
Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the pages and contents of this Site including the layout of the Site and all text, graphics, icons, photographs, videos, images, illustrations, compilations and other material on the Site are the copyright of CLSA or are protected under third party copyright. Reproduction or other use of works retrieved from this Site in all forms, media and technologies now existing or hereafter developed is subject to the Copyright Ordinance (Chapter 528, Laws of Hong Kong) and equivalent legislation around the world. A single copy of material on this Site may be downloaded and/or reprinted for non-commercial and personal use only and may not be distributed to third parties. Any downloaded or reprinted material may not be altered in any way and must contain the following copyright notice: “© CLSA Limited 2008 All rights reserved” and or any other copyright notice contained on the downloaded material.
No other permission is granted to you, or anyone acting on your behalf, to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify the content of this Site. Any unauthorised downloading, re-transmission or other copying or modification of the content of this Site or any other use than that described above is strictly prohibited by law.
“CLSA”, “CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets” and all of CLSA’s other trademarks, names, icons, logos and service marks appearing on the Site are proprietary trademarks of CLSA, the use of which without express written permission is strictly prohibited.
CLSA has not reviewed any of the websites to which this Site links, and is not responsible for the content of any other websites or pages linked to or linking to this Site. Such links are provided solely for your convenience and information. Following links to any other websites or pages shall be at your own risk.