In the thick of the action
The 2019 CLSA China Forum will join, once again, China’s largest investor conference – CITIC Securities’ annual mid-year Investor Forum – in the city of Qingdao on 14 – 16 May, 2019.
The CLSA China Forum provides delegates with access to up to 300 A-share companies and the opportunity to meet with 2,000 local institutions, high-net-worth individuals, private equity and venture capitalists, in addition to over 100 CLSA clients.
In presentations and workshops, CLSA provides delegates with exposure to China’s premium platform of exchange between investors and listed companies. In addition, there will be corporate and grassroots access via 10 specialised tours led by CLSA analysts to multiple locations, mainly in eastern China.
Plenty of actionable ideas
- CLSA’s China A/H strategy team, together with CITIC’s team, are turning more constructive and recommending eight top Investment themes for 2019. Moreover with MSCI/FTSE inclusion of A shares, we also view this as a new opportunity for global funds to allocate their position in this second-largest equity market.
- Internet underperformed the broader market last year. Internet cannot underperform for two years running . . . or can it? Join us for first-hand insights.
- Qingdao is a port city in Shandong province. Reminiscences of German occupation can be found in the Tsingtao Beer Museum. Hard work ahead but also make some time to enjoy what is left of the German architecture and culture in Qingdao.
- Hong Kong’s new listing rules favour technology and healthcare companies, while the full circulation of H shares is revitalising SOEs and Chinese listcos. We endeavour to facilitate an understanding of these changes.
This event will be CLSA’s 24th annual China Forum. Nobody has done this longer than us. Partnering with our CITIC Securities colleagues, we continue to offer you the most authentic China experience, professionally delivered by CLSA’s seasoned China hands.
Economics and finance
- Eric Fishwick, Head of Economic Research, CLSA; Ming Ming, Chief Analyst, CITIC Securities: Global economics
- Michael Pettis, Professor of Finance, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University: Is the Chinese economy really growing at over 6%?
- Cliff Sheng, Partner, Greater China at Oliver Wyman: Will the music stop? – The outlook for China’s consumer finance market
- Steven Yang, Head of China A/H Strategy and Products, CLSA: 2H19 China/HK investment outlook: Back to “normality”
Markets and matters
- Ma Jun, Director, Center for Finance and Development, Tsinghua University: Green finance from China to the BRI
- David Murphy, Head of China Reality Research, CLSA: China Reality Research
- Lloyd Xu, Analyst, CLSA: Non-bank financials: In and out
- Jonathan Galligan, Head of Asia Gaming and Conglomerates, CLSA: Macau Gaming & HK/China conglomerates
- Alexious Lee, Head of China Capital Access and Head of China Industrial Research, CLSA: Pulling the lever
Healthcare and life sciences
- Omar Abudayyeh, McGovern Fellow, MIT: Crispr 2.0: Therapeutic, diagnostic and agricultural applications
- Guan Xinyuan, Chair Professor, University of Hong Kong: Understanding the language of cancer
- David Li, Head of China/HK Healthcare, CLSA: China’s vaccine sector – Opportunities in the private market
Technology and innovation
- Bill Rojas, Managing Director, William Benton & Associates: All about 5G and Future Skies update: Anytime, any place
- Matthew Brennen, Cofounder and Managing Director, China Channel: Chinese mobile technology and innovation
- Shaun Cochran, Global Head of Research, CLSA: The 2019 transition
- Nicolas Baratte, Head of Technology Research, CLSA: Tech in a two-year vacuum: What to get ready for?
- Elinor Leung, Managing Director, Asia Telecoms & Internet Research, CLSA: On Cloud-Nine: China internet returning to outperformance