New days, new ways
As Japan enters the new Reiwa era, the 15th CLSA Japan Forum opens in Tokyo on 21 May 2019. More than 420 institutional investors will travel from 20 countries to listen to globally acclaimed opinion formers and meet 170 leading listed corporations.
Over four days, world-leading experts, Japanese corporates and CLSA’s award-winning analysts will present actionable ideas in sectors and themes that matter to institutional investors including: consumer, gaming and tourism; reform, corporate governance and shareholder activism; technology and innovation; finance and strategy; automotive and real estate.
Consumer, gaming and tourism
- George Tanasijevich, President & Chief Executive Officer, Marina Bay Sands and Managing Director, Global Development, Las Vegas Sands: Building an iconic integrated resort in the heart of Japan
- James Murren, Chairman & CEO, MGM Resorts International: Driving sustainable inbound tourism and regional revitalization through integrated resorts in Japan
- Jay Defibaugh: Senior Research Analyst, CLSA: Macau and Japan gaming: It’s almost raining yen!
- Oliver Matthew, Head of Asia Consumer Research, CLSA: Japan and Asia consumer: Winning strategies
- Simon Kemp, CEO, Kepios: Demystifying Japanese consumers’ online behaviour
Reform, corporate governance and shareholder activism
- Morten Paulsen, Head of Japan Research, CLSA: Bounced – Now what?
- Nicholas Benes, Representative Director, The Board Director Training Institute of Japan: Japan’s corporate governance shift
- Ryohei Yanagi, Director, Eisai: Japan’s corporate governance reform: A view from the huddle
Technology and innovation
- Raffaello D’Andrea, Founder, Verity Studios AG and ETH Zurich: The coming machine revolution
Finance and strategy
- Eric Fishwick, Head of Economic Research, CLSA & Nicholas Smith, Japan Strategist, CLSA: CLSA economics and strategy
- Hideyasu Ban, Senior Research Analyst, CLSA: investment opportunities in Japan financials
Automotive and real estate
- Christopher Richter, Senior Research Analyst, CLSA: Japan automakers – The sky isn’t falling
- William Montgomery, Senior Research Analyst, CLSA: J-Reits and Japanese developers – Finding structural opportunities within a macro-driven sector